Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Hug?

Ever have one of those days, or in my case many days, where you feel that the world is slowly caving in around you and is trying its very hardest to make you feel like crap?

Well, welcome to my life. Between school, family injuries, my dog having to undergo surgery, and now finding out from mom that a pipe burst in our basement thereby semi-flooding it and that she has been alone in trying to take care of my grandpa and dealing with this series of seriously unfortunate events all at once, I haven't been able to get a good nights sleep, can't concentrate on work, and to top it all off, have to worry about two tests and my first major paper all on Monday.

Sometimes life sucks.

Hope your week has been going better than mine.

Take Care,

JP

5 comments:

  1. I'd give you one if you I can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *hugs*

    The only thing I can suggest is to remember that time will put this behind you.

    For now, of course, your studies come first. If there is any way you can help with any of it without interfering with your studies, that might be good. As for your mother dealing with your grandfather alone, is there some agency — preferably charitable, so it won't be a financial drain — that can provide her some help?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Statistically speaking there will be days in your life when all the crap happens at once. It is easy to get discouraged or angry, but the best approach is to handle things rationally and logically. If you can physically help then do so, or lend emotional support if you can't. But don't take your troubles to bed with you; a good night's sleep will help you deal with these issues the next day. Don't blow things out of proportion in your mind. Your mother, in spite of her troubles, would definitely want you to focus on your studies for your tests. I've been there many times with the crap overload so I do sympathize with you. bfn - Wayne (big hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, life sometimes REALLY sucks, at an astonishing point, especially when you have done nothing wrong ; my only hope is that sometimes life REALLY smiles as well.

    Wish you the best,

    Markus

    ReplyDelete