Sunday, September 5, 2010

Party Time

The last two day shave been quite crazy. With my first (half) week of school over, what’s a college freshman to do? Party.

Friday night was my first true college partying experience and it was a blast. I’m not a real drinker, I mean, I’ve had my share of champagne at parties but before Friday, I’ve never done a shot, had any mixed drink or a whole beer – well, I can now check those three things of my list. I pregamed with my roommate and some of his friends in their dorm and then I ended up joining some other friends and went to a beer pong party at one of the other dorms. I didn’t play but I did have one beer. Afterwards, we left to go to an acapella group party in DC, we got there early so we beat the crowds which turned out to be great for us. I had one drink while there, jungle juice, but we watched them make it so we knew nothing funky went into it. We danced for a while and talked but then we decided to move on. We walked the streets of DC searching for a baseball party but in the end, the police started patrolling the streets so we made our way back to campus, by that time it was about 1:30. We ended up going back to my friend’s room and watched a little bit of Austin Powers, but most of us started falling asleep so we ended it early. Final tally – 1 shot vodka, 1 screwdriver, 1 beer, 1 cup jungle juice.

I never got really hammered Friday, really, I just got pretty tipsy which I don’t intend to go much farther than. Yesterday night was a school sponsored dance in the library which they turned into a dance club. Unlike most people though, I didn’t pregame and stayed sober the whole night. I was having a study session with my friends beforehand (different group) and when they (all girls) began to change, one said “okay, don’t turn around, no free peep shows”, I responded with “um, I’m gay”. The initial silence intimated that they didn’t believe me so I had to reassure them a few times that I actually was which they finally accepted with a smile. Girls always seem to take the whole “I’m gay” thing better than guys for the most part. So before we headed out to the dance one of my friends who took a salsa dancing seminar and taught us a few steps to some Michael Bublé which we later deemed to be too classy for what was to come and we switched to some Ke$ha.

The dance started around 10 and when we showed up the line wasn’t too bad so we got in pretty quickly. The first hour or so wasn’t that good, the DJ wouldn’t shut up for his life but by the second hour things picked up. My friend Maudry introduced me to Hot British Guy (HBG) who was a junior exchange student. On Thursday, they went to a gay club and he ended up dancing with a guy while there. HBG comes from London and he even rowed, plus his accent is damn sexy. When I met him he was dancing with Maudry and he went around group to group with friends from his dorm. I asked him about him going to the club with Maudry and her friends and said to invite me next time, not sure if he got the hint though. But with that he gave me his number and mines to him. Though I was too shy to ask him to dance that night, if we go to the club next time I’ll definitely will try and get a dance out of him. I question if he’s gay or bi though, I mean he seems pretty straight, and Maudry said she doesn’t know either, we both are now at the consensus that he’s probably straight but just very open minded which is just fine by me. He’s too old for me anyways, and hey, if I can just get a few dances out of him, I’ll be perfectly content.

We left the dance at about 2, by then I was exhausted and drenched from almost four hours of dancing. I headed back to my dorm, changed and went to bed. This morning I had a late breakfast and then headed off an activities fair on campus where all the clubs and organizations were present. I’m thinking of joining the fencing club and also the campus pride club; I’ll probably be getting emails about those soon.

Anyways, I hope you’ve had an excellent weekend and I hope you will have a great week.

All the best,

JP

3 comments:

  1. sounds like someone's enjoying himself :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you are having so much more fun then me (lucky) but I'm enjoying college in my own way so I guess I can't complain.

    Also glad you are having fun and enjoy your place too and don't forget the one important part of college.

    The school part.

    Later JP
    Ethan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great you are having some fun and the people sound like a pretty good bunch. It's a good idea to keep the drinking moderate if you can cos the suffering later is not worth it. Btw it is not a good idea to mix different drinks cos you will quickly have your arms wrapped around the toilet instead of your bf. Also your liver can only process about 1.5 oz of alcohol each hour. Anyway be careful with the drinking and drugs cos you want to graduate from college not the 12 step program lol. And you got the maybe gay Brit guy's number so he might be interested. But like Ethan said; don't forget the school part. bfn - Wayne :)

    ReplyDelete