Thursday, July 1, 2010

Cheap Perfume

Nothing too much to talk about so I guess I'll do a brief update.

On the Roommate search front, "Interesting guy" has stopped talking to me because (at least I think) , you guessed it, I told him I was gay. *sigh*. So most of the other guys I've contacted haven't responded even to my first message so I'll assume that they've might have already found a roommate or that they're just not using the CHARMS matching system. There is one guy I talked to and responded back, "eclectic gay" responded back to my first message. He was away on a trip or something which limited his Internet capabilities which explains why he took a while to respond back. I messaged him back with a few questions and stuff but he still hasn't responded back which has be worried slightly but whatever.

I'm headed off to the Smithsonian Folklife Festival tomorrow which is a giant event held on the national mall in front of the Washington Monument which is a celebration of international cultures with an emphasis on Asian cultures, that and a bunch of local things like wineries, local restaurants and craftspeople. I went last year in 90+ degree weather and ended up going home dehydrated and passed out on on my bed for 5 hours until I woke up at 3AM. (sounds fun, eh?)

Sorry I don't have much to talk about, things haven't too interesting unless you find watching youtube videos all day interesting. One thing that did happen to me today though which wasn't particularly pleasant is the little surprise I got at the gym today. I got on to the erg (that evil rowing machine that I love to hate) and there was an elderly lady running on a treadmill next to me, how sweet. Well, I took two strokes and then I noticed something, a smell in the air. It smelled of a mix of really bad B.O. and cheap perfume, like the industrial grade stuff you find at the dollar store. I stopped and smelled myself, I mean, maybe I stepped on some dog crap on the way in or something, well my inspection of myself failed to turn up anything. Then, it hit me, the nauseating odor wasn't form me, it was Ms. Stinky Sally running next to me. Ugh, it was bad, really bad.

Haha, well, I hope everything is going well in your neck of the woods and I hope you enjoy your summer weather (or winter if you're in the Southern Hemisphere).

Ciao,

JP

No comments:

Post a Comment