Sunday, June 20, 2010

Guys, I think I have.....

Dammit, I still can't say it.

You know the feeling you get when you've done something you know you just can't let anyone else know about? An unspeakable act, something you know you never should ever do or have done, well I think I've done just that.

There's been a strange disease that's slowly been spreading across the nation, it's primarily been afflicting tweenaged girls but it hasn't been picky about who it's been trying to touch it's sticky, lecherous hands on. Scientists have yet to discover a cure and some fear it will get much worse before time will ultimately provide some sort of cure, until then, more and more people are catching this unspeakable disease. I think I've caught.....Bieber fever.

Me developing a liking for the music of Justin Bieber is the ultimate musical sin in my mind, he represents eveyrthing I stand against. Since he hit the airwaves, I've derided him as a one-hit wonder, the pewny little teenager whose voice is bound to crack soon enough and end his high-pitched musical career. Okay, so that's admittedly a bit harsh. especially coming from someone who did chorus back in elementary school and was a Soprano I of all things (aka, highest pitched position at the time). I hit notes twice as high as him back in the day which is disturbing now that I think about it. But the thing is, his popularity is so unfathomable to me, I think I went immediately to defence mode.

His synth-heavy, booming beat, pop music shouldn't be good, it just shouldn't, but before me in my itunes library, my collection is inexplicably growing like a group of mice going at it all day and night. Why? Someone please tell me why. Maybe I've been too closed minded, I mean, his music isn't horrible, I've heard some monstrosities in my life and so far at leats his music is okay. Also, despite having critisizing him as looking like a 12 year old, in more recent evolutions he's grown up a bit more and he isn't horribly bad looking either. Maybe all this subliminal catchy dance music/nice smile business is subliminally appealing to my gayness.

I feel like Tina Fey in that SNL skit a few weeks back, the one where she's a teacher and is having weird feelings of attraction to student-Bieber and fantasizes about pushing him around in a baby carriage (okay, that's just weird by any measure). Nevertheless, Justin Bieber will probably be a point of contension for me for the time being; I'm at an intersection of what I like and what I vehemeantly stand against.


I still can't wait for the moment puberty shows it's ugly face and his voice cracks though. >:)

All the best,

JP

1 comment:

  1. welcome over to the waiting-for-puberty-to-happen-on-bieber side :)

    ReplyDelete