Tuesday, June 8, 2010

And the Countdown Begins

Hey guys, I haven't done a post about what's been going on in my life for quite some time now so here we go.

Today was my last full day of high school ever. From now until graduation next Thursday it's going to be senior finals and our Senior picnic. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm almost done with school. It really is an end of an era, thirteen years of work has all built up to this event. I've already done most of my finals since AP classes took their finals back in May so we're forced to do a "culminating activity" because watching a movie doesn't count apparently.

Graduating is bittersweet really. Since we got our yearbooks, every time I signed one, I would think back to all the great times I had with that person and feel sad that in all likelihood, I will rarely ever, or even never see that person again. Some of these people I have known since elementary school and while we have made a pact to stay in touch and visit each other, all those other friends don't have as concrete of a future contact-wise. I've accepted that this will be the end of the road for many of my friendships but there are a few people who I really hope I won't lose contact with, no matter how long we don't see each other.

But I guess I should focus on the positives. It's a time to celebrate, all my hard work had paid off - I'm going to college, there is a string of graduation parties coming up, and my friend who moved to Florida two years ago is coming up for a visit and we're having a welcome back party complete with Indian food.

I don't want to make another cheesy metaphor about life so I'll just end it here. Summer is coming up soon and so far I know I'll be going on a two week cruise to Alaska this year so that should be an adventure.

All the best,

JP

No comments:

Post a Comment