Friday, March 26, 2010

UVA, Regatta #1 and Spring Break!!


I got into UVA!! This is my second college acceptance and it's to my top regional school! They released the results online and since I was going to be at crew practice, I gave my friend my login and password so she could check my results for me when the time came around and text me the result. When I got the text, I jumped up and did an in-air 360 degree spin and then ran around in a circle cheering two times before finally calming down. Excessive? Maybe, but worth every stare? Hell Yes.

In crew news, we have our first regatta tomorrow. It's only for upper (varsity) boats so that way the novices can watch an actual race before they too participate in their first regatta along with us next week. The varsity guys will be racing two boats, a first 8 and a second 8. I'm going to be in the second 8 in 2 seat towards the bow this time. I just got back from carboloading and 5 intense rounds of air hockey at our first pre-regatta pasta party so I've successfully tired myself out enough so that I will sleep well tonight in preparation for tomorrow. I have to be at the boat house at 8:30 tomorrow morning so I have to get up early which is the only bad part. With all this positive energy, I hope we will do well.

Finally, I'm officially on Spring Break. Normally, my parents and I would travel down to our Florida home for the week but, this is Senior year, and that means college letters. Because I wanted to stay home, my parents and I decided that they would take my aunt and uncle down to Florida and take them sightseeing. They're leaving tomorrow so I'll be home to take care of Max, our dog and my grandpa. A few of my colleges said they will be posting decisions online but many others will be doing it only by mail. So, if you're looking for me, I'll be in the tent by the mail box. I plan to have plenty of relaxation time and time out with friends however so I plan to really enjoy my final high school Spring Break.

Such a great start to what hopefully will be a great week and a half.


All the best,

JP

1 comment: