Wednesday, March 31, 2010

April 1

O geez, April 1 has arrived. I remember back in November thinking just how far away it felt but now it is literally at my doorstep. For most people April 1 is just another day; the start of a new month, the secondary unofficial start to Spring, or just April Fools Day, but for me and countless other high school seniors, it's decision day. So far I've heard back from three of my seven schools and it's been good news so far; I've gotten into UVA, Georgetown and George Mason but the rest of my schools will post their decisions tomorrow.

So how does one celebrate such a day? Well, for me and a select group of friends, we have a massive Chinese Food party. It started last year when four of us got together when i offered to cook some authentic Chinese food for them and we ended up having a great time. Well, word spread about last year's festivities so this year it's been expanded. It should be fun, it's just a lunch get together at a friend's house and we cook and eat and hang out on a day that most people would be freaking out on.

Stress free? Yes, please.

Spring break is half over now :( I've been terribly lazy thus far and I've been so unproductive it's kinda sad but whatever. The procrastination monster was bound to hit and it has. I should get some work done so I don't get swamped this weekend so I better get a move on I guess. Real World D.C. has now ended so i guess that's one less distraction for me, I'll miss that show, it was such a guilty pleasure for me but it really did steal so much of my time on Wednesdays, but that's over now.

So, I'm on the cusp now, college is fast approaching, decisions are arriving, and Spring break has tipped over the half way point. What a time of change, no?

Talk to you guys soon,

JP

No comments:

Post a Comment