Sunday, February 7, 2010

Snowpocalypse

I have never appreciated having electricity, running water and heat so much in my entire life. Within the last 48 hours, a freak snowstorm buried the Mid-Atlantic, -understatement of the year-, knocked out the power for over a quarter million people in sub-20 degree weather, shut down the nation's capital and made me a very uncomfortable guy. Final snow measurement according to my trusty meter stick is 26 inches on our deck. Predictably, school has been canceled tomorrow.

After two days of no power, running water, or heating in 20 degree weather, my parents, pet dog and I finally made the desperate drive home through unplowed streets from our Maryland house just in time for the Superbowl and the Saints destroying the Colts in probably one of the best games I've seen. In case you didn't watch it, I'd imagine that Youtube will be filled with highlights of the game very, very soon.

So, for those of you who did watch the game, how would you rank Superbowl XLIV?

Go Saints!!!

JP

2 comments:

  1. I only saw the first half but I guess I can imagine the Saints having a great comeback on the second half.

    Hell yeah, Saints!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I heard about that nasty storm and how another one is moving in today too

    Stay Safe JP
    Ethan

    ReplyDelete