Thursday, February 18, 2010

I'm the Father...

...well, sort of. No, I haven't impregnated a girl or anything like that but I would have played a prospective father for an AP Psychology project my friend and I dreamed up.



The idea: To gauge the response of the public on teenage pregnancy with the pregnant mother engaging in dangerous and reckless behaviour.


The setup: My and my friend play a couple. She, my friend, will be wearing a fake baby-bump so she looks obviously pregnant and I will dress as trashy as possible. Together, we stand in a very public location like in a busy shopping center or outside a supermarket with her "drinking" and "smoking" while she is pregnant. We will have one other friend sitting near by taking notes on the general reactions of the public. If anyone comes up to us and talks to us (scolding, questioning etc.) we will play harsh and later on our friend would go and personally ask them about their response.

The goal: The goal is to see just how people respond to teenage pregnancy and more specifically dangerous behaviour during pregnancy. We wanted to see how many people exhibit a negative reaction and how many people personally will go out of their way to interact with us and what kind of reaction we get. The data collected would then be used to see a ratio on how many people exhibit no response, those with a negative response, and those who actually approach us.

Maybe one day we will actually conduct this little experiment. -her AP Psych class will prob be done by then-

So, how would you have reacted if you were a witness to this?

Would you have been apathetic? outraged? or something completely different?


JP

4 comments:

  1. A little sad. I don't like judging until I know them properly. Which would probably never happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, it would be great experiment, and people ask me why I love Psychology.

    Well, truth is only problem is society nowadays thinks that tolerance equals indifference, so probably everyone would act indifferent, except for creepy moms/dads and older people that just "know better".

    How would I react? well, that really depends on my mood at the moment, if I feel like scolding people or if I feel like watching the outcome of those actions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey JP how are you doing? I'm been busy lately but I did see part of that post that you put up and took down in my blooger reading list

    If you want to talk let me know I'm always online even if I'm not reading blogs at the moment

    ReplyDelete