Saturday, January 23, 2010

"We're just fooling around"

I'm alive! Hell week #1 is over! This week was busy as hell and I got my first decent nights sleep all week last night. I also set a new record for myself for going to bed on a school night this week...4:50AM. My sleep cycle is so messed up, I know.

Okay, now that it's the weekend, I can finally talk about something which has perplexed me all week. Matt, the guy I've liked for about two years now, is on the school's cross country team, and like any team, the members traditionally become really close and really good friends. So, on the way back from lunch this week, I was walking with him and and one of my other friends (a girl), and we were talking about last night's French homework when Matt sees one of the guys on the XC team 4 steps ahead of us. Me and my other friend were just talking to ourselves when we notice him break away for a sec and he walks up behind this guy and straight up grabs his ass, and from what both me and my friend saw, it was a full out two handed grab, not some light joking thing. So me and my friend just looked at each other wide eyed and confused, and when Matt rejoined our group, the conversation went something like this-

-Me and my friend: What the heck was that?

-Matt: Oh, it's just a guy I know on the team

-Me: Did you just grab that guy's ass?

-Matt: We're just fooling around

-Friend: Just fooling around...

-Me: Is this some tradition between you track guys?

-Matt: It's how we just say "Hi" and stuff

-Me: Okay, Matt, I'm on crew and I know people on many teams, I have yet to know of a team where they say "hi" that way

-Matt: Well, when you spend every afternoon with guys wearing almost nothing apart from short shorts things like this happen

French was slightly awkward afterwards (I sit right next to him) and the next day at journalism he told me he kinda felt bad for "greeting" his friend the way he did because unbeknownst to him, that particular friend was in a rather foul mood that day and had a little blow-up during practice. The reason was unrelated to the incident though.

I'll never understand runners.

All the best,

JP


P.S. - to everyone taking/took the SAT today, good luck, stay calm, and I'm sure you'll do great.

2 comments:

  1. Good to have you back mate. Yeah I don't know, that is a very interesting way to say hello. I mean it has been known to happen as a congratulation type thing ..., buy, hello? Never heard of that either.

    Perhaps a new trend is on the horizon?

    Octavius.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope this is NOT a new trend this will just cause a lot of law suits and too many issues

    Yes that is very odd that's for sure and not sure what to comment lol

    ReplyDelete