Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Two Bisexuals!?

So things are still kinda (lie: extremely) stressful here in the Nation's Capital but there is some exciting news. I don't know if you guys have heard of a show called "The Real World", but it's in it's 20 something-ith season and the new series takes place right here in Washington D.C.! The premise of the Real World is that a group of strangers live together in a house (a variety of different people, personality wise, upbringing etc) and cameras are there to catch whatever unfolds, whether it be fun, romance, or straight up battles. So the only reason I actually even knew about this was because my journalism teacher lives in DC really close to the mansion the show was shot at -

Nice! and in a Gay Neighborhood no less

So he stalked the cast of the show (not as creepy as it sounds, trust me) during the summer and filled us in as to what was going on. But the main story is that the show finally premiered this past weekend! There seems to be a very broad mix of people and there are already some scandals heating up (guy wanting get laid on the first night, guy with a girlfriend interested in another cast member) as what comes with a TV drama the show sorta is. But one main thing that piqued by interest is that there isn't that one "token gay guy", but rather there are two bisexuals in the RW cast. One is a girl who "just became Bi" (never understood this, you can't just become Bi out of the blue) and the other is a guy from Colorado who has openly lived as a bisexual though it had caused conflict back at home. His name is Mike and to be honest, he's pretty hot.

According to the producers, during his time in the Real World Home, he comes to unexpectedly become a LGBT rights activist eventhough he orginally came to become an environmentalist.

A quick camera-ed blogger for a local blog called metromix even caught a few pictures when the cast went out to a gay bar called Colbalt this past summer, and guess who was caught getting close with another dude?

I might actually watch this show. Heck I've only barely heard of this show before this summer but there seems to be two reasons I'm going to watch, 1. it takes place in the area, and 2. I wanna see what happens with Mike and the other cast members (previews show a fist fight, :P). The main reason will be because it was in D.C., I promise ;D

All the best,

JP

1 comment:

  1. haha, me too actually. I always thought that the Real World Series is completely retarded then I heard it was in DC so I was like why not?

    And then there's the gay guy and he goes to the gay clubs/bars in DC and I'm just like...I WAS THERE! lol. (I've never been to Cobalt...)

    yeah, don't know how long I'll keep on watching it though...but it is pretty cool to see familiar places on there.

    ReplyDelete