Saturday, December 12, 2009

New Car!

2010 Lexus ES350, but in white

As you probably figured from my lack of posts since Monday, I've been really busy lately with school, crew, college applications and other stuff. This has been such a stressful month so far and it will only get worse until I finally submit all my applications and get this massive boulder off my back ;_; I really can't wait until winter break.

This past week has been dull for the most part, I had a few test and quizzes as always but my Macbeth Acts I and II test today was a surprise partner test which was really helpful. In Journalism, we're planning to print our December issue very soon and for this issue we have made so far about $1,300 worth of ads which is a great improvement over the $900 or so we made in out first issue, the only issue is that in the past week or so we got another page worth of ads and when the amount of space was originally allotted, it did not take into account the number of ads we would have and now we are short about one and a half pages. oops.

Exciting news, after talking about it for over a year and a half and dozens of visits to car dealers and going on dozens of test drives, we finally have our new car in our garage! My dad picked up our white 2010 Lexus ES350 from the dealer today. We got it fully loaded and in the end got some stuff we didn't really need. The car does have stuff we wanted like Navigation, backup camera and rear sunshade but also some frivolous things. Since we didn't want to wait 5 weeks for a custom order from Japan, we compromised and had one already in the US and made do with the random add-ons. The car has a rear deck lid lip spoiler which is subtle but kinda weird for this kind of car and it also has a rear bumper applique which was a $310 option the dealer just tossed in for free in the end. We had it shipped over from North Carolina and it got it for over $4,000 under MSRP so that was good.

So things are admittedly kind of a boring right now but I just wanted to check in. I'll probably do a legitimate post tomorrow so until then take it easy.

Christmas Countdown - 13 days!

-JP

No comments:

Post a Comment