Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Finally!

After months of pain, late nights, and many cups of hot chocolate, I've finally finished all my college applications. 6/7 have been submitted online and the last will be put in the hands of the USPS tomorrow afternoon. This honestly feels great, like a mountain was taken off my shoulders, not even a boulder, a mountain.

My final list ended up being: (from south to north)

1. The College of William and Mary (Williamsburg)
2. University of Virginia (Charlottesville)
3. George Mason University (Fairfax)
4. Georgetown University (Washington, DC)
5. University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia)
6. Columbia University (New York)
7. Harvard University (Cambridge)

Now my only challenges will be to keep myself from looking at my application essays in hindsight and to make sure I don't let Senioritis get too much of a hold on me and end up becoming lazy. The first challenge is going to be more difficult I expect, especially in the short term.

Well, I'm going to go celebrate with a bowl of cereal (I'm hungry lol)

Have a good one,
JP

2 comments:

  1. I remember that feeling! I love that feeling of being done with it all. Now, the waiting game begins...but judging from those applications, you're bound to get accepted to one of them!

    And when I got accepted to mine, I had full blown senioritis. It didn't let off until graduation! That was like at March...hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing that you're now a freshman in D.C., I guess you selected Gerogetown. Good choice. It's my alma mater.

    ReplyDelete