Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving


For all my American Readers, I would like to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving. While it's rather grey, damp and cloudy here in the DC area, hopefully the weather is pleasant and the skies clear wherever you live. We're having a family get together this evening for dinner, it looks to be around a dozen or so people will be coming over. We're having the regular dinner fare, turkey, ham, sweet potatoes, cranberry-sausage dressing, asparagus and lobster for an appetizer. Many people can't make it this year because they're stuck at work (who works on thanksgiving!?) so a few of my cousins will be MIA. Two of my remaining cousins are a mystery whether they will be showing up, one just got back for a four day break from a job over in England and one said he was considering working at a soup kitchen. While noble, this is really unlike him from what I know so I have no idea where this came up from. Also, yesterday we finally got a new chandelier installed in the foyer! The old one sorta fell 14ft onto solid marble when a chain link broke which kinda left it many pieces (just sorta). A few weeks back we went shopping for a new one and we ended up getting another crystal one though it's even bigger this time around. While it was being installed, we cleaned and vacuumed every room and decorated for tonight's party and by the time we both finished the house looked better and the chandelier looked great.

Just a quick question, have any of you every tried Tofurky? For those of you who don't know what it is, it's a vegetarian substitute for the thanksgiving turkey, it's made of tofu and vegetables. I've never tried it myself but many of my vegetarian friends have and seem to like it. So to my omnivorous friends, if you have tried it, what do you think about it?

I'm so glad a long weekend has started. Tomorrow is one of my friend's 18th birthdays so we're heading out to Georgetown (neighborhood, not university) for lunch and maybe some Black-Friday shopping. She said she wants to get something pierced so we'll see if pans out. After that though, I plan to use this weekend to work on supplemental essays for the colleges I'm applying to. The deadline is fats approaching so I really need to get a move on. I finally handed out my first round of teacher recommendation forms but I still have another batch I need to send out. On Saturday I probably will need to go and get the brake pads on my car replaced. We recently went to get the car inspected and they said the pads were getting to thin and needed to be replaced so that's the plan for this weekend.

Even if you're not celebrating Thanksgiving today, I still hope you will have a great day and weekend and keep your family and those you care about in mind.
All the best,
JP

2 comments:

  1. To answer your question I'm online right now so if you want we can chat on my pingbox

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I prefer to stick with the real turkey and enjoy your Thanksgiving JP

    ReplyDelete