Sunday, October 25, 2009

Homecoming

So Homecoming was a blast, hyper humidity, semi-deaf ears, sweatiness and all. In the end, the homecoming race was really close but another guy beat me to the HC King win. But good thing is, the guy who won is a really nice person and if I were to lose to anyone it would have been him; he isn't a jerk like many of the other guys are so it was all good in the end. This whole process was probably one of the most memorable experiences of my high school career, and even though I did not win, I did manage to get a free HC ticket($20 value!) and a sweet sash out of it lol.

After pictures at one of my friend's houses, we went out to dinner at a local Italian restaurant which was really good but service was kinda slow that night, the veal parmigiana I got was really tasty. We ended up arriving a little late to the dance but still managed to have a ton of fun. I won't comment too much on the dancing but let me just say that most of the dancing that goes on at high school now is really going beyond what is socially acceptable, literally, if things went just a little further, it would be "straight up fornication" in the words of my friend Kirstin. I generally hung around my group of crew friends in the end as well as the German exchange student who we invited to join us (funny lad, really) and I honestly believe we had the most fun out of everyone at the dance. (details withheld until next post)

Okay, so I'm going to cut things short and cut out other details of my rather busy weekend and other things that went on during HC for now. I'll go into greater detail in my next post but I need to go to bed as I have a government test tomorrow, sorry, night y'all.

All the best,

JP

5 comments:

  1. Good you had fun Phil take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. what happens as dancing isn't really dancing in my view...I know what you mean...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you missed out on the crown. But I am glad you had fun.

    Octavius.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a good time mate.
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. I´m sorry you didn´t win, what I´m not sorry about is you having fun, seemed like you really enjoyed yourself there. In my eyes you´ll always be king.

    Seeing forward for that next post
    Love
    me

    ReplyDelete