Monday, September 21, 2009

Update and a Trailer

For consistency's sake, I decided to post a quick update as to what's been going on in my life as of late. This past weekend was relatively uneventful, I did get some autumn clothes shopping done and got two light jackets to keep myself warm at least until December, and I got a good chunk of homework finished which hopefully will pay dividends this week. So far, this weeks seems relatively quiet, the only assessment as of now that I know of is a French quiz about le passé composé et imparfait (past tense and imperfect past tense respectively) on Wednesday which sounds simple enough but is confusing nonetheless. Annoying things is, even after learning it for the last 3 years, I manage to still forget it and have to relearn everything all over again, sigh. Tomorrow I have Physics again which is currently driving me insane because my teacher is semi-insane, knowledgeable, but insane and the other students are so lacking in basic scientific knowledge it makes my head hurt. Super Seminar is beginning to get more work heavy, I have a good amount of stuff I need to get done this week including some readings one of which is The Lottery by Shirley Jackson. Tomorrow is also the day I get the results of my first Calc test which I'm kinda worried about, but the main highlight for tomorrow will be the distribution of the first issue of the newsmagazine for this year! From what I was able to see it should be fantastic and hopefully we will do even better this year in competitions. Finally, I decided to run for VP of my school's FBLA chapter (Future Business Leaders of America) this year so hopefully I'll get the spot, it's a teacher panel decision this year rather than student vote so hopefully my application essay was good enough. Wish me luck :)

Lastly, I watched a really good movie this weekend called Were the World Mine, I really suggest see it if you have the time, it's about an hour and a half and you can find it free on the LOGO website (just google it). It's a sorta movie-musical type thing and it has a really sweet storyline, good acting and great music, and all on a comparatively tiny budget which makes the movie even more amazing.



Have a pleasant week :)

All the best,

JP

1 comment:

  1. Good luck
    insane teachers seem to be everywhere

    ReplyDelete