Tuesday, September 1, 2009

It's a Mercedes E Class.....or not....

Cars have always been a big part of my life. I love their mechanical complexity, the connection of man and machine in a almost symphonic oneness when driving, and the sheer thrill of having an open road all to yourself, so you can see why I would be excited about the new 2010 Mercedes E-class sedan and coupe.

The E-class had always been the luxury marque to beat in the mid size segment of the market, BMW rules the sportier side while Lexus and Audi rule the technological field. For the 2010 model year, Mercedes will be killing off the CLK class and introducing the E-coupe as it's replacement, this sounds great but it's rather misleading which annoys me. The E-class coupe in reality shares more of it's important bits, namely the platform, with the C-class rather than the E-class. Maybe this is some clever marketing move, which, being interested in business, I applaud, but the car lover in me is really annoyed by this as I suspect many wealthy buyers will purchase an E-coupe thinking they are getting something they actually are not. Yes they share engines and according to MB 60% of the coupe's parts shares design with the E-sedan, but the important bit, and what plays a major role in determining how the car drives is the platform which it shares with its less expensive sibling. So maybe it's some clever marketing but the petrolhead in me does not approve.


The car.......commercial that is

In other news, I sneezed a record nine times in a row while randomly walking my dog, three passer-bys clapped when I finished. yay lol.

-Also, nice new layout, Fer, snazzy.

3 comments:

  1. lol that was a lot of sneezing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that commercial recently, and you make some valid points. Are you planning to go into marketing or advertising?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm most interested in management but i'm also interested in finance and some marketing.

    ReplyDelete