Thursday, September 24, 2009

District 9? MLIA


Friday can't come soon enough! This was a semi rough week, getting on average 5 hours of sleep, quizzes upon quizzes and assignments so vague and confusing a graduate school student would have trouble understanding it is no fun by any standard. Hopefully tomorrow and the weekend will remedy the situation. tomorrow my friend is having a birthday party at a really nice restaurant and then we're off to go see District 9 (anyone seen this movie? any thoughts/reviews/critiques?). This weekend seems like it will be busy, I need to work on college applications, write a new essay, attend another crew car wash for service hours and possibly then go around with "S" and personally visit local businesses and try and get them to advertise with us for Newspaper. All of this on top of having the first major test in AP Government the following Tuesday (totally not ready at all). So I'm starting to love/hate senior year all at once, o well.

This week though did have some bright spots. things between me and Matt seem to be getting better, things were never bad but we never were the closest of friends. So this week we ended up spending lunch with each other pretty much every day which is odd considering he ditched his traditional group to sit at my table today. He's also become a lot more talkative in general. Also, I learned today that his apparent top choice for colleges is Georgetown University where he's applying early action (meaning it's binding if he gets in). he's also applying to UVA, William and Mary, Duke, and American U. On the subject of Georgetown, apparently it has a 6.2% LGBTQ population based on a student survey, interesting statistic in my opinion. So anyways, I'm enjoying this more social and friendly Matt, I hope this continues to develop so we can become better friends.

So I better get back to work, but I felt like I should share a little bit of fun before I go back to reading. If you haven't heard of the website MyLifeisAverage.com, you really should go check it out.; it's the funnier, more feel-good cousin to FMyLife.com and has provided me with plenty of good laughs.

"Today, I had a chemistry test I didn't study for, so I stayed home from school. When the school called to ask why I wasn't at school, I panicked and told them I was having menstrual cramps. They accepted my story without question. I'm a guy. MLIA."

Hope that made you chuckle


All the best,

Phil

1 comment:

  1. Hey Phil, good to catch on you, what happened with your layout? also I haven´t seen that movie, hope you have fun with it, so sorry you have such little time for yourself and wouldn´t like to impose but you have the time you should come to my blog, you´ve been tagged to play a good old blog game, hope you get the time, hope your friendship with Matt only gets stronger and you two have a great time together more often, you know I love you Phil, take care and stay in contact :) let´s chat one of these days
    Love
    me

    ReplyDelete