Friday, July 3, 2009

Georgetown Visit and Visiting Californians

So today I went to Georgetown University for my first ever college visit, and I gotta say, it's quite nice. It probably has to do with the really nice campus or the fact that it's so close to where I live, but yeah, it was really nice. We got a tour from this girl who had just graduated this year so she was really nice and familiar with the place and answered all teh questions we had very nicely and clearly, but by the end she seemed so tired, I think everyone sorta felt bad for her. But yeah, one college visit down, many more to go >.>

Also, yesterday we had some visitors come in from California, it was one of my mom's friends who she had met in China when she was 17 and she had since moved to cali, lets just say my mom and her haven't seen her in quite a while, meaning I wasn't even born yet haha. So yeah, she had two kids, one 28 one 211 and it was pretty much me and my cousin and them two who hung out and talked through dinner and afterwards. We ended up going to IHOP in the end around 10 PM, haha. I got "bullied" into getting a neopolitan milkshake which the waiter did not know what that meant (choc,vanilla, and strawberry all together) which was a pleasant surprise. They live in LA and are staying until sunday. They are some pretty cool people I must say, very nice and fun to talk with. If you live in the Los Angeles area, a heads up, they plan to franchise a Golden Corral out west. In case you don't know what Golden Corral is, it's a restaurant/buffet which pretty much serves everything imaginable including a grilled station and bakery, it's a southern thing (sidenote: they lived in North Carolina for a while, hence Golden Corral). They also apparently plan to open some frozen yogurt shops here east because apparently it's popular out on the west coast. But yeah, it was nice to meet them and pretty fun, hopefully I'll be able to see them again some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment