Monday, May 25, 2009

Random Food Hint #1 - Spices and the International Foods Isle

okay, today I realized something which I believe could potentially save me plenty of money whenever i go herb or spice shopping for when I cook. Spices in the normal supermakret isles are hyper expensive, even on sale it's kinda ourageous. Today I went into the international isle at my neighborhood supermarket and was shocked to find how cheap the spices were. Everything ws there, even some things that could not be found in the regular spice section - like whole nutmeg.

To give you an idea of how cheap the stuff s, a bottle of oregano at the regular spice isle was $3.50, well in the international isle, a pouch of it, which i swear contains more than the bottle, was only $1.85. Stick cinnamon was the same - everything was half the price yet you often got more. Why I never discovered this earlier I don't know, but next time you need to go buy some herbs or spices for your next culinary quest, check out the international isle, as long as you can live without the McCormick label on your goods, you can probably find something of equal quality for so much less. Anyways, we're in a recession, ways of saving money are apparently everywhere, you just have to look for them.

Happy Cooking.

-JP

No comments:

Post a Comment